Alerting the public to danger
When disaster strikes, as it has many times in Haiti, 4VEH is ready to share emergency warnings, help, and the hope of Jesus with people across the country before, during, and after the crisis.
A few weeks after Hurricane Matthew devastated the southwestern part of Haiti, heavy rains caused serious flooding in other areas, which included the northern city of Cap-Haitien, home of 4VEH, (where most OMS ministries in Haiti are located). Once again 4VEH sounded the alarm across the airwaves, warned the public, shared news and updates, and shared the eternal message of hope.
Upgrading Studios for Best Quality Sound
We’re thankful for Trans World Radio (TWR) sound experts and a team of volunteers who, along with our local radio staff, helped remodel 4VEH’s main recording and on-air studios. They corrected serious problems with soundproofing and acoustics and installed new equipment. This project team joined 4VEH staff, OMS missionaries, and community representatives to dedicate the remodeled studios. Please pray for the finishing touches to be completed soon so that listeners will have the best experience of hearing the Gospel through our radio programs, and our studio clients will have excellent recordings of their music that will lead others to worship.
Resounding Hope: Five Year Report – Please Send More Radios!
Each Resounding Hope radio put into the hands of someone in Haiti is a powerful tool in a spiritual battle to help fuel the impact of the Gospel in their lives, families, and communities. Since we launched Resounding Hope five years ago, we’ve seen the Lord use these tools powerfully! However, we never have enough radios for all who need one.
- 11,500 radios distributed, now witnessing to, helping disciple, and daily serving approximately 70,000 people.
- 10,000 decisions for Christ on the day of outreach. (We know many more come to Christ as they listen to 4VEH and the audio Bible every day).
- 70,000 people contacted (reached with a personal Gospel presentation, contact details taken and shared with local church for follow-up).
- Supported the planting and growth of three new rural churches.
- Hundreds of people participate in Resounding Hope as part of MFM short-term teams, help us share the Gospel, and give out Resounding Hope radios in places where people don’t have reliable electricity and many people can’t read.
- Resounding Hope radios have been pre-loaded with the audio New Testament in Haitian Creole. Soon, each radio will have the audio Old Testament too – the whole audio Bible in Haitian Creole. For many who receive a Resounding Hope radio, it’s their very first copy of the Bible.
Your Donations Make a Difference
A gift of $50 (U.S./Canada/Australia; £30 in the U.K.) will fund a one-hour radio program. To donate to Radio 4VEH broadcasting, please mark your gift “4VEH Broadcasting #469960-17G902.”
A gift of $60 (U.S./Canada/Australia; £40 in the U.K.) will sponsor a Resounding Hope solar radio for a Haitian family. To donate to Resounding Hope Solar Radios, please mark your gift “Resounding Hope #407870-17G903.”
Please make your donation payable to OMS and mail to the office in your country. Thank you! Contact Kate Michel at email@example.com for more information.