Marlowe's Musings - Happy New Year 2018
Marlowe's Musings - Happy New Year 2018: We would like to thank you for your involvement through the ministries of Men for Missions during 2017. We have enjoyed the blessings of the Lord as we had many men and women serve in on our short-term mission trips to Haiti, Colombia, Cuba, Canada, and other countries. We count it joy that you support us through prayer, giving, and using your vacation time and skills on our teams to various countries.
In HAITI - We continue to build homes for those who lost their houses in the 2010 earthquake. Men for Missions also partners together with Radio 4VEH and Galcom to supply and distribute fix tuned, solar powered radios and audio Bible throughout the country which greatly benefits the people by providing them with Christian programs and practical living skills in their language. Other men make regular trips into Haiti to help with water well drilling, church construction, medical, farming methods, and general maintenance for the seminary and schools. Join us in Haiti – October 10-17, 2018
In COLOMBIA - Men for Missions ministers at the OMS Seminary in Medellin through maintenance, encouragement, and through door to door evangelism many people have found Jesus for the first time. ACCA is having phenomenal success in prison ministry through Bible Institute Training many are being trained to make a difference in the lives of people both inside and outside of the prison. It is encouraging to see how the local churches are becoming more involved in this ministry. Presently there is an open door for them to expand the ministry to prisons throughout Colombia. Men for Missions continues to pray for their success as well as providing them with $28,000 to develop the work. You can witness for yourself what God is doing in Colombia by being part of our next team, November 29 – December 7, 2018.
In CUBA - We continue to support the efforts of our partners in evangelism, church planting, and regional training centers. There as also been great success in printing and distributing thousands of bibles and supplying needed meals to the elderly and others through the “Community Kitchens.”
In our recent trip into Cuba our team was encouraged to hear that from January to September 2017 our partners are reporting over
- 118,000 opportunities to clearly share the Gospel
- 140,000 Decisions for Jesus
- 60,000 Pastors and leaders in training
- 94,000 House churches planted and worshipping together
You are invited on a Special trip to Cuba – 90th Anniversary of New Pines September 22-29, 2018.
In CANADA - Men for Missions will be represented at the following conferences in the first few months of 2018. If you are in the area we would love to have you come and visit us at:
- Millar College of the Bible – Missions Conference in Pambrun, Saskatchewan - January 19-21
- Missions Fest Vancouver – January 26-28
- MissionFest Manitoba in Winnipeg – February 2-4
- Missions Fest Alberta in Edmonton - February 23-25
- Mission Vision in Fort St. John, BC – March 9-10
- Jesus to the Nations – Halifax, NS – March 23-25
- Men for Missions Cabinet Meetings – Halifax, NS – March 26-27
- Iron Sharpens Iron – April 14 – Coquitlam, BC – April 14
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN WITH US TO SUPPORT THE ON-GOING MINISTRY OF MEN FOR MISSIONS send your donation to One Mission Society, Project # 90735, OMS Canada, 1295 North Service Road, PO Box 1457, Burlington ON L7R 4L9 or phone 1-800-784-7077 or online go to omscanada.org.
You can contact Marlowe Janke by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-618-1888.
• Please pray for a young couple who recently graduated from the OMS Seminary IN Medellin and in July 2017 began a church plant in Concordia, Colombia.
• Ecuador Vision trip – in January 5- 14 led by Kevin Willms.
• Alan Quesada, Cuba National Director of Men for Missions, shared his vision for future ministry to mobilize laity into the ministry; pray that the life of Christ may come alive in them in service to others.
• Pray for the training center in Cienfuegos, Cuba where we can bring all the pastors and church planters together for training in our region. Pray for Pastor Irisbel, that administers the center and teaches.
• Pray for Dr. Rodney from Bethesda Medical Centre (the OMS clinic) in Haiti, as he travels and speaks throughout Western Canada in February. He will be at Missions Fest in Winnipeg and Edmonton as well as Calgary, Hanna, Youngstown, Carstairs, and Edmonton.
Marlowe Janke, National Director
Men for Missions Canada
“As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
|Read More news from Marlowe Janke|
A variety of opportunities are available to serve the Lord through involvement with Men for Missions.
Request Information »
Join a Ministry Team Now »
Reserve your place on a team.
Apply for a Ministry Team »
Prepare your application documents.
Sign up Now »
Become an Intercessor.
Get the latest Men For Missions news directly in your inbox!