Update from UK National Director Robin Sloss
|Magherafelt, Northern Ireland,
Update from Robin - "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." Psalm 100
Indeed it’s hard to believe that it is time to pen another prayer letter. Where is the time going to? Over the Spring season I have shared with many different churches and prayer groups about the work of Men for Missions. As you know, Men for Missions is here to help missionaries practically, and that is not always done abroad.
Girassol Charity Shop in Antrim asked for our help to give the shop a ‘facelift.’ There were two work teams at the end of January 2015, who spent evenings painting. I am pleased to say that the transformation in the shop has made a difference. They have completed the face lift by laying new carpets.
From the 5th-7th March Glenn Pollock, David Matchett and I took an Easyjet flight to Manchester to begin painting the inside of the One Mission Society Headquarters. We got everything completed that we had planned to do over the two days. The amount of work that we planned to get done was hard going, but the banter passed the hours away very quickly. There is still much work needed to be done, so if anyone reading this is interested, please get in touch.
Glenn Pollock, Robin Sloss, David Matchett
On Saturday 28th March, Ryan Park and I travelled across to Ballymena to help pack a container unit with wheelchairs and other aids for ‘Helping Hands’ Project in Mozambique. This is the second container to be shipped off to Mozambique from the United Kingdom. Please pray that all will arrive safely, and that the OMS Church in Mozambique will be able to reach into many disabled people’s lives.
Family News: We are all keeping well here in Moneymore, and praising our Lord for His gracious hand upon our lives each day. Audrey has been with me to all my meetings, and she is a little tired and sore, but coping well with her M.S. Please continue to uphold her through another busy Summer. Stephanie is well, but the shop that she worked in closed at the beginning of April. Please pray for wisdom as she looks for the Lord’s guidance. Leanne has enjoyed a little more strength over the past few months, and we value your prayers for her. She celebrated her birthday on the 11th April.
- OMS Rally at Kilsyth, Scotland on Saturday 16th May 2016. Pray for the missionaries that will take part, and as I share about MFM.
- We would value your prayers as we lead a Ministry Team, working alongside Grace Community Church in Roscommon from 25th July- 1st August 2015. At present we have a team consisting of 3 people from Northern Ireland and 3 from USA. Please pray for team unity.
- For another year’s outreach at Croagh Patrick 25th/26th July 2015
- Wisdom as I plan the OMS Rally in Rainhill, Liverpool on 26th September 2015
- Divine appointments with people and Churches - Safety as we travel
- Ongoing plans for 2015 and beyond - God’s hand on us as a family
- That the Holy Spirit will prompt more people to stand with us prayerfully and financially in 2015
Yours in His Service,
The Sloss Family
|Read More news from Robin Sloss|
A variety of opportunities are available to serve the Lord through involvement with Men for Missions.
Request Information »
Join a Ministry Team Now »
Reserve your place on a team.
Sign Up Now »
Become an Intercessor.
Get the latest Men For Missions news directly in your inbox!